Victorian Music Box
Victorian Music Box is a multisampled antique music box for Kontakt. The sound is dark and mysterious, perfect for a cinematic style. The instrument is very tweakable with attack/release and low/high EQ controls. Included is a convolution reverb effect with a selection of unusual impulses. The winding up sound and the mechanical ‘whir’ are also included in the library.
This product requires the paid version of Kontakt.
- 9 presets (NKI files)
- 4 round robin
- Stereo recordings 44.1kHz/ 24bit
- 21 impulse responses
- 4 effects: reverb, delay, distortion and rotator
- 8 presets each for reverb and delay
- Attack/ release and low/high EQ controls
- Randomise start times of notes for realism
The music box is in the back on a 19th century book; when it opens, the music should begin playing, and in this case, God Save the Queen. It has been meticulously sampled with plenty of round robin in order to replicate the dark, antique sound.
These samples are then handpicked and arranged in Kontakt, and with it, 2 pages of scripting. The result is a tool that is perfect for creating atmosphere in your music.
The first page includes a random knob; this delays the start time of the notes which is great for adding realism to the instrument. As you can imagine, an actual music box will not hit multiple notes at the exact same time.
The effects page contains a tempo synced delay, rotator, distortion and reverb. With these you can alter the sound quite a lot to create anything from an ambient pluck to a gritty distorted tone.
- This library requires the full version of Kontakt 5.1 or above to work. It will only work in demo mode if you have the free Kontakt Player.
- This product is not for Kontakt Player, and therefore cannot be added with the ‘add library’ function, you must instead load the .nki files through the file browser, or by dragging and dropping.
- 42 samples (lossless NCW format)
- 115 MB installed
- 24bit/44.1khz stereo
- 94 MB download
- 10 NKI files