Terracotta is a multisampled flowerpot instrument and organic sound design tool for Kontakt 5. Quite surprisingly, terracotta flowerpots actually have a very pleasing bell-like sound. The library includes 7 different sounds that can be layered together, an arpeggiator and an effects page. It’s sampled with 4 velocity layers and 4 round robin. Terracotta is also an excellent sound design tool, capable of anything from smooth ambiances to melodic percussion.
This product requires the paid version of Kontakt.
- 25 multisampled terracotta flowerpots
- 9 nki presets
- 4 round robin/ velocity layers
- 21 Custom IRs
- Features the FrozenPlain Effects Engine
- 7 layers of sound mix for unique sound design
- Built in arpeggiator
- Great sound design tool (pads/ambiances)
- FrozenPlain Effects Engine
Terracotta is a sample library consisting of 25 multisampled pots, each one unique in size, shape and age. Some are old handmade Victorian pots and others are smooth and newer. Each flowerpot was hit with a soft wooden mallet multiple times and at different velocities. These stereo recordings are then handpicked and arranged so that for each terracotta pot there are 4 velocity layers with 4 round robins per layer.
A lot of attention was paid to capturing the beauty of each sound. The library works great as a rhythmic tool, it comes with a built in arpeggiator, allowing you to program in the velocities and the order which the notes are played. The library also features a selection of other sounds, such as plucked strings and resonating china bowls. Mixing these layers together, you can create rich, melodic and organic tones.
The second page of Terracotta is the Effects Engine, this is features 13 effects such as: reverb, delay, arpeggiator, sequencer, chorus, filters and more. The Effects Engine is very eacy to use, the effects are turned on with the buttons on the left, presets can be loaded using the menu in the top right of each unit.
For version 2.1, the scripts for Terracotta have been rebuilt from scratch and are designed to make using the instrument more streamlined. The samples have been trimmed and edited. New controls have been added such as envelopes, pan and tune. The Effects Engine is now featured in Terracotta adding 13 FX, such as an arpeggiator, reverb, delay, chorus and more. Version 2.0 takes Terracotta to a new level in terms of playability and sound design.
- New and improved appearance
- Now uses sampler mode rather than DFD with only 105MB RAM needed
- Added pan and tune controls for the mixer
- Added highpass and size controls for the convolution reverb
- Added FX engine which includes 13 effects including; arpeggiator, echo and reverb
Easy to Use MixerUsing the mixer you can change the volume, pan and tune of each of the 7 layers. This allows you to dial in the sound that you want. If you need to save RAM you can shift+click to purge the samples of that layer from memory.
ADSR EnvelopesEach of the 7 layers also have their own ADSR volume envelopes. For ease of use, you can also edit all the volume envelopes at once by using the master envelope.
Convolution ReverbThe convolution reverberation in Terracotta can be used as a sound design tool. This reverb unit includes 21 custom made creative impulse responses. These can be used to turn the sound into beautiful textures and atmospheres.
- This library requires the full version of Kontakt 5.1 or above to work. It will only work in demo mode if you have the free Kontakt Player.
- Because this product is not for Kontakt Player, it cannot be added with the ‘add library’ function, you must instead load the .nki files through the file browser, or by dragging and dropping.
- 399 samples (lossless NCW format)
- 157 MB installed
- 16bit/44.1khz stereo
- 145 MB download
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.