Phoenix: Kontakt (Legacy)
$35.00 USD (including tax)
This product has been superseded by a new version that uses our custom VST/AU engine, Mirage. It uses the same core sounds, but with a new engine and 80 new presets. Get Phoenix: Mirage here. If you already own Phoenix for Kontakt you can get the new version for only $5.
Phoenix is a powerful tool for creating string and choir sustains with movement and character. The samples are from synthetic and granulised sources, yet they are rich and organic sounding. The presets vary from realistic strings and choirs to sci-fi beeps and pads. This versatility is due to some unique scripting, such as the LFO engine; which lets you draw your own waveforms and actually see the modulation happen on the controls.
This product requires the paid version of Kontakt.
|Ambient, Cinematic, Cross-genre
|Pads, Soundscapes, Strings
- Smooth and rich synthesiser samples
- 6 layers or ‘oscillators’ which can be mixed, tuned and panned
- ADSR and velocity controls for volume and low pass filter
- 2 custom LFOs – draw your own waveforms and see the modulation happen
- Phoenix can create everything from realistic string ensembles to sci-fi beeps and pads
- FrozenPlain Effects Engine v2.0
- 12 presets.
Phoenix is a Kontakt library designed to be a tool for making rich pads using strings and choirs. There are 6 oscillators which can be mixed, tuned and panned. Each of these layers are great sounding by themselves, but when layered properly can create rich tones. On this first page are also 2 ADSR envelopes, for the volume, and low pass filter.
Movement is key when making sustained instruments, and this is where Phoenix excels. The unique LFO engine allows easy modulation of virtually any parameter. The shape of this oscillation can be drawn by you and the results are actually shown on the control that you have chosen (such as cutoff frequency or layer 3 volume). Up to 4 parameters can be modulated at once.The second page of Phoenix is the FrozenPlain Effects Engine v2.0, this contains 13 effects such as reverb, phaser, chorus, echo and more.
Though powerful, Phoenix can be light on your CPU and RAM. For example, each effect will be bypassed when not in use. You have the ability to purge unused samples from RAM by shift-clicking on the activate buttons on each layer. The UI for Phoenix is very simple, and to get you started are 12 presets.
Innovative LFO enginePhoenix uses an innovative LFO engine that allows easy modulation of various parameters. There are 6 LFO waveforms that you can load and save, but you can also draw your own shapes – as shown left.
See the Modulation HappenSee exactly how the LFO is modulating the controls (left). You can even assign both LFOs to modulate the same parameter to create a new shape (as the slider on the far left is).
Convolution Reverb with 25 IRsThe built in convolution reverb effect has 25 custom made impulses that can be used for interesting sound design. There is also a stretch control to change the length of the impulse.
- This library requires the full version of Kontakt version 5.1 or above to work. It will only work in demo mode if you have the free Kontakt Player.
- Because this product is not for Kontakt Player, it cannot be added with the ‘add library’ function, you must instead load the .nki files through the file browser, or by dragging and dropping.
- 160 samples (lossless NCW format)
- 265 MB extracted
- 252 MB download
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.