Dark Cinematic Ambient Synthesiser
Designed for versatile dark ambient and cinematic sound design, Wraith is a synthesiser for pads, drones and synthetic textures. It’s comprised of 230 audio samples grouped into 3 categories: Drones, Tonal and Textures and over 80 playable presets. It’s housed in our powerful sampler engine Mirage, which is structured around 3 audio layers that can be controlled separately, and an effects rack with distortion, chorus, reverbs and more. Wraith is an ideal sound design tool for creating atmospheres, backgrounds and tension.
- Over 80 presets that are ready to use for production
- Wraith is playable, it’s more than just samples – it can be controlled with MIDI CC, velocity and the sustain pedal.
- It includes randomising features allowing for quick trialling of new sounds
- Easy to use – it has a sensible GUI layout which can be resized
- 3 layers can be blended together and controlled with an envelope, filters, EQ, LFO, and sample loop settings including crossfade
- Effects rack with distortion, bit crush, compressor, chorus, reverb, delay and convolution reverb to further shape the sound
- Works in any Windows or Mac DAW that can host a VST or AU, no other requirements
- Sounds with movement and character, both dissonant and harmonic
230 Samples and 80 presets
Wraith contains a huge collection of sounds, each organised into one of three categories. The Drones and Tonal sets that comprise the largest bulk of this expansion allow for quick prototyping of complex scenes and soundscapes featuring gritty low-end, rich drones full of depth, and granular harmonic content contrasted with smooth and silky Ambient tones perfect for adding a bit of sweetness and emotion to the cold and hopeless vibe of the bleak drones.
The Textures folder acts in turn as a glue between the two main categories, making it possible to either make even more complex sounds through an extra layer of sound or substitute either of the two main layers for further variety and flexibility.
Overall, this is a great collection of sounds to add to your palette if you’re on the lookout for new and fresh modern cinematic tools capable of taking your music to obscure and uncharted places, which, within the Mirage engine conforms a great playground for extremely creative sound design.
Hosted in a Powerful Sampler Engine
Wraith is a sample library for Mirage – FrozenPlain’s sampler engine. This engine is included as part of Wraith.
Mirage features three separate audio layers designed for rapid and agile sound design and layering. Each layer has a sample selector with a drop-down menu, a pair of arrow buttons to traverse the list of samples, plus a randomiser that loads random samples from the current library. There’s also a core set of parameters per layer that include volume, pan, detune and pitch, as well as mute and solo buttons.
Further down the audio chain we find an additional set of controls per layer like an amplitude envelope, a multi-mode filter, a two band EQ with peak and shelf filters, an LFO with four different shapes, retrigger and free mode, volume, filter, pan and pitch modulation targets, and a speed slider with sync and free modes, a loop section with start and end points, crossfade, three play modes including ping-pong, reverse and forward, and a playback section to define the sample starting point. It also features a MIDI settings module where you can transpose incoming MIDI notes, enable or disable keytracking, switch between polyphonic and monophonic mode, and choose between six different MIDI velocity mapping curves.
At the group or master level, the instrument features an effects rack with everything from distortion and bit crush to delay, chorus and two different types of reverb. It also has a pair of randomisers to load random sounds for the three layers at once and another one to load random presets from the presets list, as well as master knobs for velocity sensitivity and volume.
Audio crafted by sound designer and composer Carlos Butler
Carlos Butler, who is also known for his sound design project, Temporal Geometry, created the samples of Wraith. For Wraith he has drawn from years of experience as a composer of ambient and cinematic music which he releases under the name Rildrim. His skill for tonality and for making samples that can be used in a practical, musical way shine through in this library.
- Wraith is a download-only product in audio plugin formats VST2 (Window and Mac) and AU (Mac). On Windows it’s available as both 32-bit and 64-bit, and on Mac it’s only available for 64-bit.
- Windows 7 or above or Mac 10.8 or above required.
- Works in any Windows or Mac DAW that can host a VST2 or AU plugin. For example Cubase, Ableton Live, Studio One, Reaper, Reason, FL Studio, Logic X, Garage Band, and many more.
- 230 samples.
- 80 presets.
- Data stored in a single Mirage Library file (MDATA).
- 650MB Download.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Rated 5.00 out of 5$25.00
Obelisk is a MIDI plugin instrument that harmonises input MIDI and outputs it to your synths. It is designed to be a flexible way of experimenting with chords and harmonies. Obelisk's chord picker allows you to pick what harmonies should be applied to each note. As well as this, Obelisk features an optional constraining algorithm that will ensure the harmonies fit your chosen key and scale. Free demo version (10 minute limited) Obelisk is a VST/AU plugin. Please read the technical details section for requirement details.